Our world got a little bit darker when the sunshine was stolen from us. In 2005, our 14 year old niece, Aimee Marie Souza, lost her life to a drunk driver. We support MADD in Aimee’s honor with the hope that no more lives are taken by drunk drivers.
Help us raise money for MADD and help victims of drunk driving by attending our fun-filled Family Trivia Night Fundraiser.
Trivia Night will take place at Red Rock Christian Church (1124 Roosevelt St. Boise) on May 2, 2015 from 6pm-8pm. Adults are $10 and children ages 4-12 are $5. Teams consist of 1-6 players. All ages are welcome so bring the whole family. Dinner (chili, Blue Sky Bagel, drink & dessert) will be available for $5 a person. There will be a raffle to win more prizes. Please click on the contact tab on this website or scroll down to the very bottom of this Team Aimee page and fill out the form to register your team and we’ll have a nice spot saved for you. Or just show up and we’ll find a place for everybody! 100% of proceeds from this fundraiser benefit MADD.
PRIZES DONATED FOR TRIVIA NIGHT (this list will be updated as donations are received so check back often!)
* (Priceless) Mini helmet signed by BSU football coach, Bryan Harsin
* ($170) Blue Sky Bagels-bagels with cream cheese for a year
* ($125) SpringHill Suites Marriott-one night stay in a King Suite (breakfast included)
* ($108) Bogus Basin-2 lift tickets for 2015-2016 season
*($100) Urban Ascent Rock Climbing Gym-2 starter packages including 1 day pass, all rental gear, and a belay lesson
* ($65) The Springs-A luxury hot springs retreat in Idaho City-4 tokens–free entry for 1 adult or 2 children per token
* ($65) Idaho Steelheads-4 tickets to the 2015-2016 season
* ($60) Roaring Springs-2 full day tickets
* ($55) Panache Spa-1 classic pedicure
* ($50) Discovery Center-Family Pass-free admission for up to 6 people
* ($50) BSU merchandise basket with hat, T-shirt, flag, mini helmet
* ($40) The Reef-gift card
* ($40) Dart Warz-Family Pass with 1 hour free for 4 people
* ($40) FastLane-2 free races
* ($35) Jump Time-2 Free Hours of Jump Time & 2 BOGO
* ($34) Shadow Valley-1 round of 18 holes of golf
* ($30) Trader Joe’s-gift basket
* ($30) The Griddle-$20 gift certificate and $10 apricot jam
* ($30) Texas Roadhouse-Dinner for two
* ($25) Old Chicago–One free large pizza
* ($20) Idaho Botanical Garden-3 event passes (Great Garden Escape, Bug Day, Scarecrow Stroll, Fall Harvest Festival, Winter Garden A Glow)
* ($20) Jimmy John’s-gift card
* ($18) Cuicina di Paolo-Gift certificate for 4 piece pan of lasagna
* ($5) Aspen Leaf-free 16 oz.
* ($5) U-Swirl-gift card
* Costa Vida-free drink with purchase
* Zamzows-free goldfish coupon
Donate items for the Trivia or Raffle prizes.
In order to ensure the success of this important fundraiser, I am seeking contributions of food or game and raffle prizes for this event. Contact me through this website if you are able to donate. Your generosity will play a role in saving lives and also provide support for victims of drunk driving. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
What does MADD do?
MADD works in more than 600 communities across the country, and has more than 1,400 trained victim advocates on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to support victims with comfort or legal assistance they can rely on.
Finding a cure…
Unlike most others, our cause doesn’t need a cure; it already exists-it’s you and me, our friends, our neighbors. It’s all of us choosing to drive sober or designating a non-drinking driver if we drink alcohol.
Thank you for contributing to MADD. Your generosity will play a role in saving lives.
Click on the following links to read more about our journey:
1. KTVB-7’s Hero-July 2013
2. KBOI-MADD Fundraiser-June 15, 2013
3. KBOI-Live Morning News-June 13, 2013
4. KMVT-Twin Falls Story-July 2013
5. Walk Like MADD 2013 Facebook Article-KTVB-July 1, 2013
6. MADD-Picture of Kembrie at WLM with MADD President Jan Withers-June 20, 2013
7. Walk Like MADD 2013 Facebook Article-KMVT-June 17, 2013
8. The Voice-Burley ID, May 2013
Boise youngster helps MADD in memory of Cassia teen
9. The Weekly News Journal-Burley ID, October 27, 2011
Brackenbury Sentenced to Prison for Souza Death
10. Times News-Magic Valley, October 22, 2011
Brackenbury Imprisoned for 2005 Fatal Car Crash
11. Times News-Magic Valley, October 21, 2011
Heyburn Man Headed to Prison for 2005 Fatal Crash
12. KMVT October 21, 2011
Brackenbury’s Probation Revoked
13. The Weekly News Journal-Burley ID, September 8, 2011
Brackenbury Sentencings Postponed until October
14. Times News-Magic Valley, July 28, 2011
Heyburn Man Found Guilty of Crash That Killed Teen Pleads Guilty to Second DUI
15. Times News-Magic Valley, July 13, 2011
Heyburn Man Who Killed Girl While Driving Drunk Expected to Change Plea
16. Times News-Magic Valley, June 22, 2011
New DUI Charge Rekindles Family’s Pain from Fatal Crash
17. The Weekly News Journal-Burley ID, March 31, 2011
Family Struggles with Death, Finding Justice
18. The Voice-Burley ID, March 8, 2011
Victim’s Family Seeks Justice
19. The Voice-Burley ID, March 2011
Punishment to Fit the Crime
20. Times News-Magic Valley, March 2, 2011
Heyburn Man’s Hearing Postponed
21. The Weekly News Journal-Burley ID, February 24, 2011
Brackenbury Heads to Court
22. Times News-Magic Valley, November 13, 2010
Heyburn Man’s DUI Charge May Violate Probation
23. Victim Impact Statement #2